Friday, October 15, 2010

Jury Duty

Today is my very first Jury Duty. An American Citizen for filling my civic duty. However, what's really running through my mind is "Why is the air quality and lighting in municipal buildings is so poor?" Gives me the same sensation of being in a hospital, which doesn't make sense either. Everyone is working hard @ keeping busy till some sort of instruction is given. Several are on their third dream. So after some waiting, the groups by day are called out. I am on the Wensday Panel. I came into this totally ready to get talk my way out of it. Now that I am here and after seeing how many people are not participating. I begin to see that this is more than just coming to the court house but instead yet another opportunity to grow. It seems that lately, I've been living life like Jim Carey in Yes Man. In my group, 23 out of 65 names are called at random regardless of availability. I am #11. November 3rd thru December 29th every Wensday I am to report to the Court house. Free coffee and parking voucher, $5 a day. Quietly, I am looking forward to it can't fully explain why. That secret I believe will reveal itself through the process.
Action is Eloquence

No comments: