Thursday, October 07, 2010

Last Week

Started "la semana" off with a photo shoot for Latina Magazine. A lovely friend of mine Verky Arcos writes several articles for the magazine and newly ventured into the genre of designer. The Article is called REAL WOMAN, and suggest nifty ways to doll yourself up according to your specific body type. Woman come in all different shapes and sizes. Therefore, I appreciate the attention to detail. I scored the fun role of Athletic body type/ Rocker Chick. Before I go any further, I have to share that all though this may be hard to believe... I much rather prefer to do the behind the scenes stuff. Furthermore, I agreed to this for two reasons; first to help a friend out. Helping in anyway I can is always at the top of my priority list. Secondly, to break free from this silly notion that i could not convey allure through a photo. With all the dimensions of my mind. I melt into a giggly girl when photos are taken and wanted for once conquer yet another feat.
Mission accomplish! Playing dress up was tons of fun, the shoot was energizing and the photos came out amazing. I will follow up, the issue is due to come out for December..

Ended the week on the other spectrum of life; working a probono job serving Macallan for a charity at Rapheal De niro's townhouse in West Village. Charity:water holds a great little story of just how powerful we could be when empowered to do so. Scott Harrison is the founder; did a complete 360 from being a high end promoter in the city after taken a trip with Mercy Ships and their cause. He made the decision to dedicate his live to educating people from all walks of life to one of the most necessary and simplest resources on planet earth: WATER.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rphhfy4qCfc


Things I took from the event:

- How unbelievably powerful we are alone as well as in numbers.
- 1 billion people in the world do not have access to safe water.
- The ways of raising money are endless.
- How silly people look dripping in designer shoes , cradling over priced hand bags, to attend a cause for people who could have fed entire cities for the same price tag.
- Reiterated in me how much there is to accomplish while here in this very moment and how extremely privileged we are.

* At the very first Spoken Word event; I had actually showed this video pertaining to this organization.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AqlLyLeJuQ


Life goes full circle.

No comments: